Monday, April 28, 2008

Bonding with my sewing machine again


It's been a long time. Poor baby has been so neglected. Only let out to see the light of day when someone gets desperate. (For how long now?) my husband has been trying to get me to make the Roman shade for our den. When Spring rolls around the morning sun blinds whoever is sitting in his chair. So yesterday I drug out poor baby and the fabric that I've had FOREVER, the pattern that I've feared FOREVER, and started cutting.

Cutting is always the scariest part, don't you think? I mean, it's - cutting. The fabric is rent in two. Or more. You can't go back. I can rip a seam. But I can't stick that fabric back together.

Anyway, I measured and cut and measured and cut and measured cut too short and added some on and sewed and measured and sewed some more. I'll show you the finished product when it's in the window. I got the stuff tonight to hang it up with, except for the brackets, which apparently aren't just lying around anywhere, so there's another stop I'll have to make on the way home from work tomorrow. But it will be worth it, I'm sure.

Hey, let's talk prom tomorrow. If you're a seasoned MOTD - mom of teen daughter - you'll be able to laugh at me. If you're just now getting to this prom stage like we are, you'll be able to laugh. Or cry. Oh, I don't mean 'cause it's sad - I mean 'cause you're losing your mind. Tomorrow.
Oh, and go see Ree and make the most fattening thing you can imagine. I mean, surely there's so much butter & marg in this thing, you'll be set for calcium for a few weeks.


No comments: